Brigham and Women’s Hospital invites its employees to enter its 2013 Digital Photo Contest. Brigham and Women’s Hospital 2013 Digital Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open to employees of Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
WHAT TO ENTER:
- We are looking for striking digital images to celebrate science and the research happening at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Photos must be related to work that is happening or has happened at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (and/or Partners HealthCare affiliates). If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Brigham and Women’s Hospital upon request. Photo captions must accompany all submissions, and if available, should include the subject of the image, the location the image was taken, and the name of the photographer(s).
- Please do not submit any photos of patients taken without proper consent, and be mindful of confidential or other proprietary information that could be inadvertently captured. Contact BWH Communication & Public Affairs at 617-534-1600 with questions and for information on the hospital’s patient consent policy.
HOW TO ENTER:
- All images must be submitted via upload using the form on http://bwhresearchday.partners.org/photo-contest. Complete all required fields, including name, email and other information about your photo submission. You are welcome to submit as many photos as you like.
- We will be highlighting winning images in promotional web and print materials for the 2013 Research Day (on November 21, 2013), an event attended by thousands and your name will appear in the Research Day program if your image(s) are selected. Photos may also be featured on display in the forthcoming Brigham Building for the Future, on the Brigham and Women’s Hospital website and in other materials.
- All eligible photos will be highlighted in a gallery on the Research Day website, with credit to each photographer.
- To ensure eligibility for the contest all entries must have a resolution of 6 million pixels or greater (6 megapixels). Images that do not meet this standard can still appear in the online gallery, but may not be featured photos in print if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide the proper resolution when asked.
- Resolution can be calculated by multiplying the pixel width of the image with the pixel height. For example, a photograph taken with a 6-megapixel camera set for the highest resolution and best quality produces images approximately 2832 pixels by 2128 pixels, which are acceptable under the rules (2832 x 2128 = 6 million).
- Online entries must be uploaded by October 1, 2013 at 11:59PM.
- Entrants may be asked to supplement their submission (such as a paragraph about their photo, the highest resolution version of their photo, or a watermark-free version of their photo) anytime during the submission phase or after.
- Your photographs help Brigham and Women’s Hospital showcase and spotlight the amazing research that takes place every day at BWH. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.
- You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit — including ownership if applicable. You only grant Brigham and Women’s Hospital rights (as described below) to your photograph if you are honored by the competition as an honorable mention, finalist, runner up or grand prize winner. Before you are formally honored by the competition, Brigham and Women’s Hospital will contact you to confirm that you wish to grant us rights to your image as described below.
- If your photograph is selected and highlighted, you grant Brigham and Women’s Hospital a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission, including (but not limited to) internal and externally facing websites, as well as on social media websites.
- Use the photograph in Brigham and Women’s Hospital’s non-commercial communications.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, BWH-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
- As conditions of this permission, Brigham and Women’s Hospital shall credit all photographs with the caption “© Person’s Name” when the full name is available.